Introducing Gmail Portlet
Always have new mails within reach when using Liferay Portal
Check your mail on your personal space in Liferay !
Live updates with configurable refresh rate.
After authorizing you will be able to choose the Gmail folder you would like to display, whether it is your Inbox, Sent mail, Starred mails or a folder you created. By clicking on an email, a new tab will be opened and the selected mail will be shown in Gmail.
The portlet can be used for personal Gmail accounts and google apps for Business accounts.
More and more companies are switching to cloud based solutions. Google apps for Business is one of the leading cloud mailservers. Improve the user experience of your portal by allowing your users to view their email on their personal page.
The portlet has a styling which is minimalistic and easy to the eye. It fits in a wide range of existing portal themes.
The Gmail Portlet is user friendly and configuration is intuitive for all users.
- Show all mails or only unread mails
- Configuration in portlet preferences
- Administrator can give rights to specific users and groups
- Open mail in new tab by clicking on the mail in the portlet
- Multiple portlets can be placed on one page, each with other preferences.
- Live update, configurable refresh rates
You're an Outlook/Lotus Notes/Zimbra user?Not using Gmail, but still interested in integrating mail into your portal? Check out our Email Integration Assessment page.
After installing the portlet and adding it to a page for the first time, you will be presented with a message telling you the portlet needs to be configured before use.
This configuration is a 3-step process :
- First an administrator will have to configure OAuth 2 access in Google apps.
- The next thing an administrator will have to do, is to configure the Gmail portlet in the Control Panel.
- Now the portlet is ready to be configured with the personal settings for each user.
A complete configuration guide can be found here:
Gmail Portlet Configuration Guide.
Did you follow the configuration guide and still ran into a problem ?
Do you have suggestions for new features or improvements ?
Please let us know by filling out the form underneath or if you want to add a screenshot, send us a mail at email@example.com.
Get in touch
T +32(0)11 26.50.10
F +32(0)11 26.50.11
Contact hours: 09:00 - 17:30 CET